Protecting Your Privacy
This privacy statement applies to Trimtag Trading Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively, “Trimtag”). It explains how we collect, use and disclose personal information in Canada. This privacy statement does not apply to personal information about employees or other temporary or permanent staff, consultants, volunteers or other individuals assigned to Trimtag or to any information which is not personal information as defined in or interpreted under applicable law.
Trimtag is a leading supplier of customized identification and branded uniform insignia, apparel trims and fasteners, and corporate identity products. We collect, use and disclose personal information as necessary to offer and supply customers and potential customers with these products and to manage our business.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our website visitors outside Trimtag and its affiliates, except as described in this statement.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information in relation to customers, potential customers and others, generated in the course of our business:
The kinds of personal information we collect and use in relation to customers and potential customers will depend upon the types of products and services that the customer requests from us. Subject to applicable law, it may include:
- name, address, e-mail address, contact details, nature of the customer’s or potential customer’s needs, financial, credit, billing and account information, and other incidental information relating to your inquiries;
- information about you contained in communications with you, whether online or offline; and
- information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We use this information:
- to offer and provide goods and services to you;
- to communicate with you regarding the services you request and to respond to your requests and inquiries;
- to issue and collect accounts and to protect you and us against error and fraud;
- to provide you with material on our products and services and to invite you to seminars and functions; and
- as permitted or required by law or for purposes for which you otherwise provide your consent.
If you do not wish to receive further materials about our services and legal developments or if you do not wish to receive further invitations to seminars and functions, you may ask us not to contact you for these purposes.
Information in relation to potential employees
If you apply for a position at Trimtag, we will collect the personal information contained in, and generated in relation to, your application in order to evaluate your application and assess whether to offer you a position at Trimtag. For candidates who are not offered or do not accept a position, we may retain this information for a reasonable period in the event that an appropriate position becomes available or that you re-apply to Trimtag. If you accept a position at Trimtag, the information will be retained in accordance with privacy procedures applicable to the personal information of our employees.
Information about guests and visitors
We collect information about guests and visitors to our office. Specifically, People who visit our office may be asked to provide their name, telephone number and organization name. We keep this information as long as necessary for security or emergency preparedness purposes. If we install video cameras in public-access areas on our premises we will post signs notifying individuals of the existence and purpose of any such cameras. We use the information we collect about guests of and visitors to our office to help us to act responsibly if there is an emergency and to enhance our workplace security.
Information about our agents, vendors, and suppliers.
Trimtag may collect information about people who provide services to us, including third-party agents, vendors, and suppliers (“Service Providers”) who provide goods, services or information to us. This information would include name and contact information as well as any information (such as banking information) that we need to pay you for your services and other relevant information, such as experience and qualifications of Service Providers.
We use this information to assess suitability for particular assignments; to contact you, where necessary, in relation to the goods, services and information you are providing to us; and to pay you for your services. We may also use this information to provide you with material regarding our poducts and services or to invite you to seminars and functions.
How We Collect Information About You
We typically collect personal information directly from you or through our interaction with you. However, sometimes we may obtain personal information about you from other sources. For example, in relation to customers, in addition to personal information that you provide, we may collect personal information from banks, credit rating agencies, and persons whom you identify as references.
When We Might Disclose and Share Your Information
We may disclose the personal information we collect about individuals we deal with to third parties, including:
- where we are required by law to do so or where it is necessary to collect on invoice;
- where you have instructed us to disclose your personal information to a third party for a designated purpose;
- where we reasonably believe a third party requesting your information is your agent; and
- where you consent or as permitted or required by law.
- to IT Service Providers: We may also transfer your personal information to our IT service providers hired to administer or provide products, services or information on our behalf. We use reasonable measures to require the organizations with whom we share your personal information for these purposes to use your personal information only to perform the services we have hired them to provide. In some cases service providers that process or handle personal information on our behalf may be located outside of Canada. As a result, your personal information may be transferred, stored and/or processed outside Canada in connection with the purposes described in this privacy statement. Contractual or other measures we may use to protect your personal information are subject to the legal requirements of the foreign jurisdictions where your personal information may be transferred, stored or processed, for example legal requirements to disclose information to government authorities in those countries.
- For purposes of business transactions: We may also use and disclose certain personal information to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, insuring, sale or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, for purposes connected to evaluating and performing the transaction. These purposes may include determining whether to proceed with the transaction or business relationship, or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to those parties. If this happens, we will take steps to require that such parties treat your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement and use and disclose it only for the purposes for which it was collected, including to provide the services or information that we would otherwise provide to you and generally to carry on the business of our firm.
Our Web Site
The only personal information which we collect about you when you use our Web site is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online request for information, or information you provide to us through the “Contact Us” section or when you send us an e-mail.
Our server does not currently attach cookies to your computer’s memory when you visit our Web site.
For your convenience, we may offer links from our Web site to other Web sites. However, we are not responsible for, nor do we accept any liability for, the personal information collection, use and disclosure practices of other entities to which our Web site may link. You should consult the privacy policies of these other entities before providing any personal information on their Web sites.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. For example, in most cases, your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be implied by the fact that you have chosen to do business with us, where the collection, use and disclosure of personal information relates to the performance of that business. If you provide personal information about another person to us, we assume you have the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use or disclose their information as described in this policy. If you choose to provide personal information to us, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this privacy statement.
If you do not consent, please do not provide your personal information or, where applicable, exercise the opt-in or opt-out options offered. Subject to legal and contractual requirements and reasonable notice, you may refuse to consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use and disclosure of information about you, by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or at 905-763-7300 . If you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services to you.
There are instances where we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent, for example to collect a debt you owe to us, to comply with a subpoena or court order, or to comply with the rules of court regarding the production of records.
Trimtag has implemented reasonable physical, organizational and technological security measures to safeguard the personal information in our custody or control. These include safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Only authorized persons at Trimtag and our agents have access to your personal information.
You can generally visit our Web site without providing any personal information. However, given that electronically submitted data is not 100% secure, we make no warranties as to the security of any such personal information that you submit, which you do at your own risk.
Access, Correction, Inquiries and Complaints
Files containing your personal information for the above-mentioned purposes are maintained at our office at 15 Wertheim Court, Suite 704, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 3H7 . If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information in our custody or control, please make your request in writing to our Privacy Officer at the address above. We may need to verify your identity before searching for or providing you with personal information. In some circumstances, we may not provide access to your personal information, for example if it contains the personal information of other persons, if it constitutes confidential commercial information, if it is protected by solicitor-client privilege, or if it is otherwise not properly the subject of an access request.
If you have any questions, requests or complaints about our personal information practices, please contact our Privacy Officer at Trimtag Inc. 15 Wertheim Court, Suite 704, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 3H7, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 905-763-7300.
Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement at any time and we will take reasonable steps to advise affected individuals of any material changes, if necessary. However, you should review this privacy statement from time to time to ensure that you are aware of and accept any changes made. You may contact us at the address, e-mail address or telephone number above to obtain a current copy of this privacy statement.